Sunday, July 12, 2009

There's a reason we call her "Angel-Leena"



The other day Landon was cranky, Leena was bored to death, and any idea that I had for an activity during the day, got vetoed.

The day strolled by with ease, at least while Landon took a nap. He's getting his top teethers in and can be rather a cranky pants.

Come dinner time, with my son awake, my daughter running around outside, yelling "mommy!!" every 2 seconds it seems, I was getting worn out. Then, I get teh "I'm on my way home, what's for dinner" call from Jeff. I start to scramble to make a nice dinner, and get it on the table by the time he's home. All the while, keeping my worn side, as well as flustered, to myself.

After diner was done, Landon had been fed, but this wasn't enough to not keep him from fussing. I was tending to him whie I cleaned up the kitchen while it seemed like my husband and daughter, had left the building. They came back in and could clearly tell how frustrated I was. I somewhat angrily blurted out "can someone please just stop and help clean up! I made dinner, it would be nice if someone else helped clean up besides me, I do it ALL day long!" I'm sure I didn't sound as it seems, but I was making a point that I definately wanted help for a few minutes.

Then, Leena comes up to my waist, looks me in the eye and she goes "How can I make you un-stressed mommy?" Magic to my ears!! She's such a doll! I found myself more tha pleased with what she had just asked. I said "can you clear your place please, and then I'll tell you what to do after?" and she cheerfully said "of course mommy!" she did exactly that, and then came up to me and again and said "ok momma, what else can I do to help you out?" Jeff did not tell her to do any of this. That is simply her nature. This is a child that WANTS to do chores, because she is bored.

Thank you Leena for being the best little girl, ever!

I'm feeling rather content that I have such an amazing and impressive child. She really is a rare gem, really.

1 comment:

  1. I probably would have cried if one of my kids said that to me. She is such a sweetie. Your 4th looked really fun. I just love that big bundle Jeff is holding!

    ReplyDelete