Thursday, December 17, 2009

Excited doesn't even begin cover it!

I'm so ecstatic about this! I'd recently wrote that I wanted to do a secret Santa. I'd been kinda bummed because I hadn't gotten wind of anyone in my ward that would really truly benefit or anything like that christmas I had.

And then, last night...I got an e-mail from my cousin Courtney in Arizona. (Dad's side) and she said her sister-in-law had told her of a family that is incredibly poor. The children sleep on the floor, there is no furniture, and they hardly any clothes for their kids. Just the whole story is heart breaking. I almost cried when I read it, honestly. It's just horribly sad. Anyway, my cousin has 3 little kids, and so she is donating alot of her son's clothes to the family. I wrote her back promptly and said YES! Count me in! Leena has tons of clothes she doesn't wear, or that she is growing out of constantly. I told her to call and find out what toys and treats the kids like. I'm going to maybe even hit up Value Village and see if I can score some things there for their kids. (I don't think I've set foot in them because I was really against anything ever 2nd hand, but I guess I'm softening up to the idea of it. I really need to stop some of my snooty traits such as that) I'm elated, full of joy, and counting my blessings all in one.

THIS is why I love Christmas. It gives us a chance to help those who genuinely need it. Take the time out not to be greedy, selfish and arrogant. I can't wait to find out all the small details and get going and ship off a box as fast as I can! Gosh, it feels amazing to really help someone in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment