Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Falling!

So my little Landon Jeffery is a walking machine. This is good and also, BAD NEWS. He's so clumbsy! He's also turning into a small, handful. He will be in his high chair, and take his food and if not throw it AT you, he'll throw it onto the floor. We don't give it back to him not only becuase that's just gross, but he needs to learn not to do that.

Yesterday as I sat here watching Oprah talk to "Octo Mom", Landon was supposed to be taking a nap when I heard a massive thud. I sprinted up the stairs as fast as I could, to go into his room and find him laying on the floor, by his crib. He'd fallen out. The noise was so loud, I was convinced the crib had come down with him too. I was expecting a horror scene when I went into his room, I was happy that he was only out of his crib and no injuries or blood were present. It just goes as a reminder that he's a busy toddler now, and into EVERYTHING. Just this week, I've pulled a small spool of thread out of his mouth, a penny, a quarter, a large piece of lint, and I can't remember what else. He is my little pirhana. He also, now bites. If we don't firmly say "NO BITING", prior, he'll bite as hard as he can, until he shakes in some cases.

I will admit, it's cute to see him walk in circles, and stand up and go wherever his little heart desires (usually to one of his wheeled toys, he has an obsession with cars/trucks) but at the same time.....I want my little non mobile boy back that diodn't fall out of his crib, that didn't tear down his gates (we have a mounted one, and un mounted one, he yanks the un mounted one down..cause it's not drilled into the wall) that didn't throw his food on the ground, and that didn't bite his Mom.

He's so cute and sweet sometimes, have to remind myself of that because he's a handful now!

No comments:

Post a Comment