My plate is full lately, as well as my mind, and now my soul.
So many life changes, many in which I'm eager for the challenge, as I'm only given what I can handle. I must remind myself of that, being at times I have my little bouts of tears from being overhwlemed, which leave my head wondering and spinning of what my next move or tactic will be.
With that full plate, many would look at it and think, "I can't eat all of this!" and find a few things, to remove from it. Pushing their "problems", away, or onto someone else if you will. To me, that's not an option. Not only because I'm severely underweight currently, but because, those things are on my plate for a reason. Perhaps to learn, to grow.
Here's what is on my plate.
1. Figuring out a way, to not make my kids feel forced to see their other parents, despite the 65 mile one direction distance. The complaints are now endless. And frankly, legit. Is 3hrs in a car, really worth it for only 21hrs of a visit? The argument continues.
2. School. Finding time can be difficult when there are crying children at my feet, dinner on the stove, and a famished hungry 10yr old eating everything in sight, which was part of that burning dinner on the stove.
3. Work. I've interviewed at a law firm. The CEO of the firm, advised if I got hired on, I needed to cease my current studies I have with Duke......which I've already paid for. That threw me a curve ball.
4. Family events. Not just a reunion in summer, that's the easy and good part. But two siblings have had 2 life changing things happen to them, in which no one saw coming, and have been a variable level of difficult for yours truly. Let me re-phrase that, STRESSED ME OUT TO THE MAX.
I'm not a tense person. I'm not an emotional person. I do have a heart, but I don't consider myself a "giany softy", nor will I ever. I look at my plate, and let out a heavy sigh, and make my plan of attack, of how to eat everything in a lady like manner, before it's all cold, and have the full appetite for.
There are zero shortcuts in life. If we got everywhere the easy way, where would we be challenged? How would we learn more efficiently? Would we still find a way to draw ourselves closer to the ones we love, or, would it push us away from them?
My kids are growing daily, they're so precious and innocent. My world is my sweet kiddies. I cherish them dearly, I just hope they put up with me and my frazzled self a little bit longer, the storm will calm my love bugs, I promise.
I saw this the other day, and fell in love with it. It's humbled me, made me think, have more gratitude and appreciation, for what DOES matter most.
No comments:
Post a Comment