Thursday, July 10, 2008

More to blog about









I haven't done this in a long time, so might as well since I have not only a day off but the time to as well.

We had a good 4th of July, Jeff and I made the ferry trek over to my folks house for the weekend. We had alot of fun with Leena. Who has taken a strong liking to fireworks, imagine that. She must have the Elledge pyromaniac genes in her somewhere. She loves to do snakes, and this year it was roman candles. She's now to the age where we take her to the firework stand with us, so she can pick out some cool "pretty" ones. All in all, it was a good weekend, nice to have Jeff home too for it!

Speaking of which, things are going good on that front. He's had some medical issues come up lately, that even the doctors don't know what's going on. He was told everything from a flu to appendicitas. Too bad, none of them were correct, the next time he is incorrectly diagnosed, here is no way we are sticking around those military doctors. I personally do not feel that they are adaquate and really know what the heck they're talking about. Hence why I've stayed at my job for the insurance benefits, so I don't have to deal with the irresponsible Navy doctors. I know that's just my opinion, but when they keep messing up with Jeff. It gets more personal.

We have 3 and a half months until we bring baby Landon home. We're excited, still holding off on getting more baby essentials. Just because we find out where Jeff will be stationed next, in September. So, if we have to move then, doesn't make sense to have to move everything when we can wait to go and get it. Baby is well so far! He has his awake days and his sleeping days. I really did get a little flustered the other night when it was 1am, and he was having a grand ol' time kicking me to death! It's cute, but at the same time, I really wanted some sleep! I think he wore himself out, because within 15 min or so, he settled down, and didn't budge for a good 24 hours or so. Which, I guess was a nice temporary change. Jeffs excited, whole heartedly. We're planning on a mid-october c-section. Just because Jeff will be out to sea (AGAIN!) come September. So if we schedule a c-secion, they'll be more willing to give him leave because they know his wife is having a baby on a specific day. I think we're aiming for the week of the 21st, or 22nd. We want to avoid the 24th, because that is Leena's 7th birhday, and she's made it rather clear that she wants to have a brother, but not share a birthday with him! haha. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. you guys are such a cute family. I bet it was so nice to be all together for the holiday. I can't wait for you to have your little boy.

    ReplyDelete