Thursday, November 6, 2008

We've been stationed....

Jeff FINALLY got his orders! He got thm the day after Landon was born. So, needless to say, that was most definately an eventful week!

With that said, we know where we will be stationed. We've been anxious to know for MONTHS. I can't emphasize it enough! We requested to stay in the Seattle area, that way it wouldn't turn ino a custody thing with Leena Rae's dad. Who lives outside of Seattle.

Then, we found out that the "Seattle area" covers, Washington, Northern Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Alaska. After Jeff turned in his paperwork, I couldn't help but think "What have we done?! I'm going to be ticked if we get stationed in Alaska!" No seriously, that's one state I REFUSE to live in. More power to Palin for living there, but I couldn't do it. At that point, months went by, and they originally told us first part of September we'd know. Not true. The recruiter kept giving Jeff certain days to call back. Jeff would call back, be either put on hold, or told to call later. Well, due to Jeffs persistance, the recruiter guy FINALLY said, ok. Call on October 23rd, we've been re-arranging people, so we'll know then.

So, now we're moving to...

USA, Tacoma, WA Pictures, Images and Photos


Tacoma!!!

It's about 40-50 minutes North of where we live now. We're just happy we're a little closer to my family now! It'll be a 45 minute drive or so, and no ferry rides! That's alot better than the 2 hours it is now. We feel blessed because we had started to get worried, because the guy never told us where we were going to be headed. And when they do that, it doesn't sound good. So, we're looking into the Tacoma housing market, and some cities further out. We'll be out of Bremerton come January. The moving process isn't ever fun, but it'll be nice to get out of boring Brownsville and off with our little family in a new area, that neither of us have lived in! Yay for clean slates!

1 comment:

  1. WOw, what a cool place to live!! I'm so glad it is all working out so well. Leena is going to be in heaven. I'm sure your parents are so happy to be able to keep you in the area. Lots of new memories to be made!! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete