Here is my "update".
I don't think many know, but if you could avoid telling my brothers and grandparents this news, much appreciated. I'll approach it here in a minute or so.
Mom and Leena went to Bermuda to visit my dad. They had a blast, Leena has learned to take on swimming and with a happy heart., She's had a water phobia for most of her life, so anything water related with her, usually resulted in tears. So, this is a HUGE break through. They got to ride a scooter around town, and most importantly, have fun time with "papa", my dad. Leena really really misses him, she's his little buddy. In fact, she's both of my parents little sidekick. Anyway, my mom went for a routine check up while she was there, it's how their insurance works. Mom can go to the Dr while she's in Bermuda, but it's allot harder and may not be covered while she's in the states. Anyway, she goes, and had a mole that was bugging her, she got it removed and tested....and was diagnosed with Melanoma Cancer. My dad has had skin cancer about 3 times or so, all non melanoma, so I don't think anyone of us saw this coming. It's in between the stage 2-3 of the cancer. It *can* be fatal. So, she's due to go to UW hospital in downtown Seattle in the coming weeks and we'll figure out what's going on. She'd had it removed, and it looks like she's been shot. She's going to have surgery, making the scar on her collar one, alot worse. It can be a fatal condition, but I'm not so much worried about that. Hillary and I will take turns taking care of her, we're trying tot be optimistic. I hope and think she'll be OK. It will always concern people cause you don't know the severity of it until later. We'll see.
That is so scary!! Sorry, I'm not trying to break your optimism or anything. I hope your Mom is OK. I'm so worried about you guys. How far of a drive is it to your parents house? Do you think your mom can move to Bermuda to be with your dad and get treatment? You all will be in my prayers. Love you, and I'm so sorry this is happening. Your mom has always been so strong, she is a fighter!!!!
ReplyDeletewow. please tell your mom I will pray for her. This is a good reminder for me to go get my many many moles checked out... for the first time. i've been too scared for bad news, but i guess it is better to find out. anyhow, keep us updated!
ReplyDelete