Friday, September 4, 2009

Class is now in session!





I can't EVER get my pictures to rotateon here, sorry! (drives me nuts! and the original photo IS rotated)

Oh my heavens! I have a 2nd grader!!

School started this past week, and Leena so far, is liking it!

I will rant about htis a smidge, because I think it needs to be reversed. Leenas school district isn't doing buses for alot of routes thies year, due to budget cuts by the governor. (who, prior to her, we had no state debt, and now it's in the high billions, thanks lady) Anyway, no bus for Leena this year. Which caused he to be a smidge alte the first day. It was mayhem and pandamonium trying to get out of my development to go the .9 mile up from my house. We got there eventually, with alot of waiting and aggrivation. I'm hoping this really changes, and soon.

Leena really likes her teacher. We went on a orientation day to get her stuff dropped off and say hi to Mrs. Noel, she's been teaching for 35 years, and is a good teacher. So, I'm really looking forward to the school year with her because not only is she super nice, she's experienced and came across as very genuine and loving the kids, and her work, yay!

I found out that Leena talks to kids in her class, but has been eating her lunch alone, and playing on the playground alone. I was very saddened by hearing that. I know how sweet and loving and friendly she is, so it bugs me that she's too "shy" to go and say "hey! can I play or sit with you?". But, I did tell her that having friends is the easy part, sometimes making the friends can take a while, but it's possible!

We do have to put her to bed even earlier than her brother, if not at the same time. She cried at the dinner table the other night, that was our indication that 8pm was not early enough for her. So, she's in bed at 7:45, we get up at 7am. And are out the door at 7:45.

I hope she does well, I know she's a smartie!

1 comment:

  1. we have had the indicator of needing earlier bedtimes too! I always worry about the "friends" stuff with my little one.... she wants nothing more in life than to have friends and I have seen her even ask some girls if she can sit by them or if they want to play and they ignore her or say no. So maybe Leena isn't shy, maybe kids are just rude. I hope she continues to enjoy the school year and makes lots and lots of GOOD friends !

    ReplyDelete