Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yay for new bathrooms! Almost...

A couple of months ago, I mentioned to Jeff that I didn't like the fact that our downtstairs powder room was so...BLAH! It had no color to it, no storage for anything, nada.

So, we looked into getting granite, and found a deal on some. We purchased it, and many hundreds of dollars later, we FINALLY had it. It took 3 months of us nagging and nagging them with measurements to cut it, and just disaster after disaster. That was just to get it cut!!!! I finally went and picked it up and it hung out here til Jeff could have the time to get around it.

Anyway, meanwhile we have absolutely NO stroage space in that bathroom. My good friend Brian builds houses for a living, I hit him up to ask how much we could get a vanity for, in a really quick and short time later, the vanity was made, delivered and in my bathroom. WOOHOO! Someone who did what I asked, and well, and didn't drag it on for months! I swear, I just need to go through him for everything, I don't know why I didn't! Anyway, it was nice to have to deal with him because he's not only a friend, he's not going to jerk me around. It even got delivered early, by accident of course, but hey! Least we got it on time!

Jeff and our friend, Dan, installed it....and we notice a problem....the measurements I gave them were 38 1/2 x 26 the 38 1/2 goes against the wall, that's the "height" of it if you will. It was too short. I about blew my lid. One detail I didn't mention was, after this company called Fine Line, they gave us a case manager, Justin...he eventually quit returning our calls and we had a new person, her name was Desiree. So, she all the sudden was the new person we were to deal with. Which, I'm glad we did because she actually got on them and got the ball rolling on things,she did her job, the other guy didn't. I talked to my friend whomade the cabinetry for us, and said we should get a new one if we call and ask etc. So, I called and left a irritated voicemail, and I immediately got a call this morning. So, after all the months of waiting...the powder room is done and it looks GREAT! BUT!!! I have gaps in my granite! If they fully refund us, then I'll setlle for keeping it and putting filler in the gaps, but, I'm not going down without a fight with all the hell they've put us through.

We did pain the powder room, "Sand Dollar" color...I got it at Sherwin Williams. And they were sneaky, they just sold me their high end paint without telling me. Yup, get this, my paint is "energy efficent", really? by sitting on my wall it's saving planet earth? And Cost between $40-50 bucks. I had no idea til I signed the reciept, and it was one of those things where my curious 10 month old was getting into everything while I was holding him, so he took advantage of a distracted mom. That makes me ticked! Anyway, I hate the paint color now...it looks pretty pink. When we tested it, it was clearly a taupe/mocha color, what we were going for...but now it's straight up pink. So, I won't be going to Sherwin Williams, I'll settle for the Behr at Home Depot (Sorry Brian! Haha) in the TeePee Brown that I really like, that's NOT pink!

Anyway, here are the before and after photos.



Before, the pedestal sink that I wanted to barf anytime I saw it, SO glad it's gone now!!!


The couch was it's home for a little while.


Dan and Jeff putting it in....before we noticed the "mistake".


New wall color, new granite, faucet, and lighting and fixtures are going in this week. Overall, gaps and all, it looks alright. The granite has alot of blue in it you can't see, so it looks cool...Just can't tell in photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment