
This breaks my heart to write this one, but I feel it needs to be done as well as it will be therapeutic for me in the long run. My family knows of this, and I'm tired of having to hide it from people as it seems more people know/piece it together than I would care to admit. With that said...
A little over a month ago, I got a phone call from a local attorney, notifing me that a dissolution of marriage would be filed the next day. I'd been half way dreading that call.
Needless to say, it was filed Dec 1st in the Washington State Superior Court in Pierce County.
Thanks Jeff for the past 3.5yrs, you've been an AMAZING father and good friend. I owe you for life, as our son is the most precious thing to me. (and Leena too)
I'm sure you're puzzled if you're reading this, we had different goals, occasionally parented differently, and different beliefs. No cheating, no arguing, noting bad, just 2 people, who grew apart, but are excited and eager to remain dear friends.
I think the hardest part is over, keeping schedules and remaining close and within a reasonable distance shouldn't be hard. We're eager to co-parent together with Landon and Leena, as Jeff's been Leena's father figure for almost 4 years now.

Just little things, I wasn't ready to buy our house so fast, I felt I was pushed into it a tad. During the process, Jeff was in FL for work for 6 weeks. I commuted daily to meet brokers, attorneys, to make sure everything was signed etc. The WHOLE home buying process, from a paperwork stand point, I did myself, alone. With a newborn. The amount of stress was tremendous. Jeff came home to a clean, painted and assembled home, that I'd put together myself, and had to rely on everyone but him to aid me in the process. I think that's the starting point of where things weren't working. I relied on everyone but him and wasn't happy about doing everything by myself etc. If that makes sense?
Anyway, Jeff will stay super close, come home and have dinner with us after work, and help put kids to bed, there is ZERO change for them, that's the nice part. The only catch will come in April of next year when he is due to move, then that's when chaos starts. But, for now....we will manage :)

Regardless of differences, big or small, I'll always love that guy, he's not once done anything wrong to me or ever harmed me or my kids in anyway, in fact. He's a GREAT guy. Love ya Jeffy!

Excuse me, I need kleenex.
*sigh* Most regrettable to hear this... My fave roommate-couple is splitting up! :-( I'm glad you two are remaining friends, and that you both are gonna do your best for the kids though. Much love for the both of you! Take care as you can, and let me know if you folks need someone to talk to.
ReplyDeleteAww, Heidi... this is sad news to hear indeed. However, I think its great that you are going to remain friends and that you're going to your best as far as the kiddos are concerned. This hurts my heart because your family is soooo adorable. My sister is actually going thru something similar (a divorce anyways) and its hard on her as well as the rest of the family. I know this can't be easy at all. I'm here if you need to talk. <3
ReplyDeleteHeidi! I'm in unbelief. I can't believe it. You guys seemed so perfect. Makes me sad that we are not closer. I love you SOOO much. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. This is just shocking. I'm amazed at your positive outlook. You are such a ray of sunshine. I love you xoxo
ReplyDeleteHeidi, I was so sad to hear the news. I know that you must be going through a really difficult time right now and I pray that you can remain positive and strong. I hope that everything works out for the best and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully your sweet kids can bring you strength and happiness in this difficult time.
ReplyDelete