
Raise your hand if your Dad is:
Named Charles.
Plays the Organ, rather well.
Was the organist for 11+yrs every Sunday at church.
Worked tirelessly to provide for his family.
Spent 18 years in schooling to get a stellar education.
Is still totally crazy about your mom.
Tells really funny jokes at the dinner table.
Is enlightening with his advice.
Is 57 and has serious guns on each arm, and really physically fit.
Wears the same glasses frames as your younger brother.
Helps others.
Tickles the grand kids.
Is a GREAT Papa to those mentioned grand kids.
Still horses around with his 5, 20-30's something grown children.
Enjoys time around his in-laws.
A GREAT handyman and carpenter.
Is a brainiac.
Can fix cars.
Can speak Japanese as well as read, and write it.
Is a IT guy for a large corporation overseas.
Has a good sense of style.
Has an infectious laugh.
Is a fabulous story teller, makes up wondrous imaginative stories on the spot.
Plays the piano.
Can sing in the choir, as well as carry a great tune in general.
Makes you giggle like no other when he says, "Ya bonehead!" when one has done something beyond stupid.
Is your go to guy when something is wrong.
Is supportive.
Is kind.
Is loving.
Is genuine.
Is gentle.
Still gives all of children hugs and kisses, always has, always will.
I grew up with a man who made his family his first and foremost priority. He made God his equal first priority, followed by work and school. He taught me that life is about learning, having values, helping others, and that he loved me regardless of what ever bonehead thing I did, and will probably do later on. He's taught me countless things that I can't even begin to list, he's been a great teacher, and I'm immensely grateful for him for that, as well as just being an amazing Father.
All in all, I have an all-star Dad. He's been thrown curve balls, and turned those into home runs, time and time again. He's been a good student, a hard worker, a great father, and a great husband, not to mention is just an all around nice and funny guy. Happy Birthday Daddy, I love you!
Happy Birthday Daddy!
ReplyDeleteSo many memories come to mind when I think of you! Monster, piano/organ, playing catch in the backyard, reading to us from Narnia, music on Sundays... the list could go on:) I have been blessed/spoiled by having you as Dad! Not everyone is as lucky as I have been. That is in thanks to you for taking your position seriously and doing a wonderful job. You hold a very special place in my heart that will never be filled by anyone else. And as always, thank you for being good to my mom. Thank you for being good to me. I love you !
Love always,
Lou
Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love you so much! I will never be able to thank you enough for the wonderful father you are! You made my child memorable and meaningful. I rember playing monster in the dark, this happened the most at the Creekside house, you would hide down the hall with the lights out and Heidi and I would warily make our way down the hall and you would jump out roaring and grabbing at our legs and we would run screaming only to fall in a giggling heap at Mom's feet, of course repating the process again and again each time from a different hiding place. I remember the hours you spent when I was in High School playing the piano for me while I sang and learned songs. I remember the Japanese lessons you gave m e while walking to school when I missed the bus in elementary school. I remember you driving me to school everyday in Jr. High and again to work everyday when we moved to WA. I really enjoyed our car rides together, listening to NPR. I remember always feeling so safe when you were around, I knew when you were there no one could hurt me. I remember the countless hours spent in the car taking us to visit family, often times driving into the night. I remember laughter, always there was laughter and even now, your sense of humor is something I love. From you I have learned that family is more important than anything in this world!
I love you forever,
Kelle
Too sweet and too true. It was always such a treat to have you guys come visit. We could never get enough of your dads silly amazing ways. He is such a crack up. I love him. What a great daughter you are to make this wonderful tribute to him xoxo
ReplyDeleteHey Dad,
ReplyDeleteI can’t believe it has been a year already. I remember my e-mail for 2 years ago when I was on my mission; about two of my earliest memories one of you holding me listening to Handles Messiah and the other was you not letting me out of from behind the pew. Both are memories that I hold dear.
The Amazing man Charles Elledge, is undoubtedly goes unseen by Charles Elledge. Dad I don’t know if that is true for you, but you are Great! The Lord has had a place in your life, and you have been transformed over time.
I know that my Dad want me to succeed, spiritually and temporally. I know that he has wanted me to succeed in every good endeavor I have set out on. I know that my Dad will help my any way that he can. I know that my Dad has planned, prayed and wanted my success. I know my Dad has lived his live enduring in faith and that, is what he wants for me.
Dad I know that you love me; your life is the pattern and example of a Great man!
I love you.
Love Cody
Hi Dad!! Feliz Cumpleano! As I consider one of the greatest examples that you have shown me in my life, it has been through your quiet faithfulness; never voicing a public complaint (if there was one). this is a quality of a true leader; even the savior didn't say something just to prove them they were not teaching right, he showed them.You being the pereson who the great importance to fulfill your priesthood duties, taking delight in the scriptures. these things have brought forth the gift and the traits of nobolity because when it comes down to it, No one, absolutley knowone can expect to be a true leader without learning what it means to be a follower. I was told in a blessing that i received that: people would follow the words that i spoke because of the life that i live. Your example, to me, has been NONE THE LESS! I have sought to live the life given in the same way you have striven. Thank you Ver much Dad for you example of nobility.
ReplyDeleteI love you and happy birthday,
Seth