


This breaks my heart writing. But, I hope it will aid me to not be so sad.
Friday, my beloved Grandpa Wayne, fell ill. It escalated to the point that my grandmother felt the need to call 911, and get him immediate medical attention. My Aunt emailed us of the circumstances, and that we should all pray for him and she would keep us posted. As we all fasted and prayed for him to make a speedy recovery. I got an email from my mom this morning, to call her ASAP. My heart sank. It was in a giant double knot as I hit "Call" on my Skype. I heard her voice tremble, as she told me my sweet grandpa had passed at 8am MST this morning. I immediately broke down into tears, and have many in my eyes as I write this.
I'll remember his stories of olden days, and modern. The many about family history, old prospector tales, La Eurena stories of the southwest. The list goes on. I'll miss his jokes, his sense of humor, his never ending love of the gospel and Christ. What a role model I was blessed with! He had such wise advice, and spoke with such depth and sincerity and love. Not everyone can do all of those at one, but he did.
He was faced with trials in life, and got through them well. I admire him for being true to his faith, to his children.
I miss you grandpa, my heart is in pieces, but it will heal. I'm so glad you're in a better place, are surrounded by love and such beautiful people.
Grandma, I'm praying so much for you. I can't thank you enough for being so sweet to me all these years. I love you so much! I will come visit you anytime, you've always been my grandma to me!
This is a time where I'm glad I have my faith. I believe, that if you're religious or not, the thought of a heaven, is better than 6ft under. I know his casket will be, but his spirit lives on among wonderous people.
No comments:
Post a Comment