My dad and mom and all siblings flew in, except Mikelle. Dad gave the eulogy. He held back tears a few times, which made us cry. All the grandkids sung I am a child of god. It was sweet. I had a hard time emotionally keeping tears in. I let my cousins sing for me.
We had a police escort to the Binghampton LDS cemetery, where my brothers, Dad, uncles and cousins lowered him into the ground. He's buried next to his.first wife, Shirley. Who died at age 38 of breast cancer,.my dad was 15. He's also buried below his mom and dad as well as my sister Ashlee. We stayed to throw flowers onto his casket, then give Ashlee, Grandma and Grandpa Elledge flowers and to pay respect to them. As emotional as the weekend was, it was more than worth the time and money. Life is so very short. Make friends with enemies, be kind to everyone, forgive those who have hurt you long ago. I haven't seen some Elledge family members in 20yrs. It took a funeral to change that. I'm determined to keep in better touch with them now. Even more than before.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


No comments:
Post a Comment