June 21st, I boarded a plane at 10:25am, bound for Lihue. I loaded up my cell phone with a good solid charge, headphones and a slough of new music, thanks to the free wifi at seatac, when I didn't have cell service. I was bound for Lihue. It was a LOONG flight, about 6hrs. The "exciting" part was the fresh rain that had just poured of Lihue International Airport, and we fish tailed on landing, making us ALL piss our pants for a split second there. HA.
The nice part was, I went 3hrs backwards, so I got there at 1:35 or so, around then. Went, grabbed my rental car, pulled up directions to the cute little place I'd booked for my visit, and was on my way to Poipu Beach. I wasn't paying attention while driving along the coastline, and I noticed something jumping out of the water...pulled over, and I noticed it was a pod of dolphins off playing in the water! SO cute, not to mention cool! It wasn't too tricky to learn my way around, luckily.
I went to Waimea Canyon, little Koloa Town, many times as that was the town I was in, and much more. Here's the photos!





I've been to Hawaii....4 times now. And Kauai is the one with the MOST chickens. They roam free, EVERYWHERE there. They wake up at 3:45am and start their freakin' noises. That was the one downfall. I'd wake up for an hour because of them, then go back to sleep. Part of me wants to say they're protected, but I almost beg to differ cause I think every restaurant had a ton of chicken dishes, haha.
I think one of my highlights was going to Hanalei Bay, I have a deep love for the movie South Pacific, which was filmed on that bay, so that was on my must do list and it was nothing less than spectacular!





The one downfall about this trip, besides having to go home to my children; whom I missed sincerely. Was, my friend booked a catamaran cruise of the Na Pali coast for me..I get there, thinking oh, it'll be so cool! Get on there, and notice it's a bit wobbly, as we were just kinda floating there, to be expected right? As I'm people watching, we take off..about a half hour into things, my stomach just feels off. Not queasy, just off. Which apparently was enough to make me lose my sandwich over the side. But, the nice part was, I wasn't the only one. Not so nice part, I throw up the ENTIRE 5 HOUR tour!! I was able to hand my camera off to someone else for pictures, and kinda look when I dared to take my eye off the horizon, I just watched it out of the corner of my eye. I felt horrible for my friend who sent me on that, and I felt horrible physically. I threw up on the dot, every 10-15mn. After a while, the crew just eneded up giving me a barf bag, and when that one got ful, handed me another one. I didn't even have anything in me to lose, but whatever my body was trying to compensate for, came up. Really burned and was not cool. All in all, that's a must see place, I HIGHLY recommend people go! I had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment