Monday, March 19, 2012

Healthy weight, please!

It's almost midnight. I'm sitting here drinking my Odwalla Vitamin C, just ate a Chobani yogurt, and an Odwalla protein bar.

The hell am I doing to myself?! That protein bar tasted like cardboad with oats, the yogurt and juice both made me shudder ever so slightly (not enough to divert me from it for the next 6 days)

BUT!! It's all for a good cause.

Due to stress, a smidge of anxiety, life changes, etc etc. Aka, LIFE. I've lost a bit of weight. About 8lbs or so. And when you only weight 100lbs, that's a lot of weight. I guess I look "gaunt". And I don't want people to look at me and think "wow, what's wrong with her? She looks awful..."

Having said that, I know it's easy to go grab a box of zingers and a a Hungryman frozen dinner and scarf out, but that's not necessarily heart healthy. Empty carbs, hardly any vitamins etc.

Anyone who knows my mom, knows she was in the kitchen almost every night of my life, grinding wheat with a wheat grinder, using that to make whole wheat bread in the bread machine, every night. The woman once made pinto bean fudge, and made us eat 9 grain cereal. She was VERY health conscience due to a slightly scary family history with diabetes, strokes, etc. She wants to live as long as possible without issues, she knew all of her actions would grant her that in time. So far, other than some leg issues, she's doing pretty good for almost 54. She does try hard.

With that said, each night, I plan to consume some sort of dairy product. Today, I grabbed a non fat yogurt, meant to grab 1%, oops! Some sort of dairy product because I'm lacking calcium in my bones, my knees are that of a 63yr old woman on her way to osteoporosis. Drink some juice, and something packed with vitamins, and then hit the hay. Now, if I can re-learn to eat breakfast, lunch, AND dinner, it should only take a few days! Here's hoping! I've lost the pretty look in my face; mostly under my eyes making me loot like I'm skeletor.

Now, just to get someone else to do it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment