Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sorry, I've been busy slacking.

Ah, I spaced and forgot about this! It's been a while.

Jeff got home in May, around the 4th or so. And to make it fun for the kidlets, I had Jeff hide in the garage, and told Leena I needed help in lifting something. So when the kids came to the door, he was there. I was expecting a MUCH different reaction. I thought they'd run and jump on him or something. They just beamed and when the door opened, Landon said "Oh, hi Daddy!! HI!! Hi Daddy, hi!" over and over again while Leena gave him a hug.

It was a LONG 8.5ms with having to rely on 4am emails, Skype etc. It's a blessing and a curse because my schedule at times, goes by his schedule. So if there's a wrench thrown into something, it's not just in his life, but it's in mine and the kids too. Luckily it's becoming less with time. He has 17ms left in the Navy, then I get some form of normalcy and more independence.
Leena is done with 5th grade! She got the presidential physical fitness award, she was SO excited about it! She did so so good, and got fabulous grades. She truly enjoys learning. Now if I can only get her off her ipod and outside being a kid.....looks like I'll seize the ipod for a few days.

Landon finished year one of preschool. He has made huge strides! He's much better at conjugating sentences and phrases. He now even rats on people, haha. Jeff jokingly, and playfully punched Leena lightly. And he yelled "WE DON'T HIT, DADDY!! YOU STOP IT!!!" haha. Was pretty cute. He LOVED his teacher, Ms. Blount. She won't be at his school this next year, boo! She was so good and had such great direction with him, and he listened. And every morning he would run over to his teachers, give big hugs. He was in an IEP this year for speech therapy. And his speech therapist and his teacher, and all the aids who worked with him were so happy because he surpassed almost all of the speech goals by the second trimester of school. SO proud of him! He's really a smart kid. He knows his alphabet, shapes, colors, but conjugating those darn letters can be trying for him. His screaming is becoming less and mainly used when he's really flustered or needs help. Versus just using screaming as his way of talking. He really has done circles. YAY! Just working on the last bit of potty training and we're golden. (When Jeff came home it threw a wrench in things because he just stopped using the toilet. We've bribed him so much it's not even funny!)

I'm in the middle of getting my real estate license, do a few hours here and there when I get the chance. It's 90 hours for the broker and licensing course through the state of WA. I think the thing that (sadly) made me laugh was the course about how to tell what a **METH** house looked like. Its funny because some of the things are basic common sense. But....they tell people that stuff for a reason because what we may think is common sense, isn't always to those around us. Some really do need a pointer. Other than that, not much is going on! Kids leave in a few days to go down to the Oregon Coast with Jeff. He's meeting his sister and her 5 kids there. Landon will be excited to see his "bigger" cousins.

Family wise, my little brother Cody is having a little girl on the 27th of this month. No name yet, but we are ECSTATIC to have another Elledge girl around! First girl in 10yrs! My sisters both had boys the past year, and Landon was prior to them. My parents are such fun grandparents. They do upgrades to their house to accomodate the growing number of grandkids. This makes #6! So exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment