I get there are things in life, that you have to compete for. Cancer battle, business, etc. On that business aspect, whatever happened to be true, and supportive?
I'm so annoyed. This person shall remain genderless, and I shall call them "Pat". Just to cover my butt per se. Pat, launched a photography business about 3ms after mine. Issue is, Pat and I grew up in the same area. So the client base, was essentially people putting us up against each other.. Which seemed really really unfair. I lost clients because Pat didn't have a full time job, and marriage wasn't crumbling around them, as mine was. Mine was my source of income. Pat, had a dual income to rely on, as well as a spouse to stay and watch kids while out on shoots.
IT IRATES ME when my own family, or best friends, refer me to Pat. Really? I just offered to do a session for a few friends at 0 cost to them, while I lose out on my time spent. Really, kick me when I'm down and slap me in the face, why don't ya? I've actually given up on a true passion because I'm so sick of competition, and the constant nagging of "well, this is a good photographer, that one has better rates". I lowered my rates to dirt cheap, and still was losing out. And yet I had rave reviews? Riddle me that. All the people I've done work for, have told me they loved the end result, and that they'll pass out the word. Great. That was nice for a while. Then my home life change, and I had to stop because time with kids comes first.
So you know, don't refer me to anyone. I almost despise Pat now, because I was compared and put next to someone with a different style, who does things different. Not to mention, knows a TON LESS than me, and has been doing it a lot less than me.
Pat, I dont think you have access to this, but your business practice is wrong. Don't you dare try and make money off my own family. I love them too much to take their money, unlike you.
No comments:
Post a Comment