What a tense year this one is turning out to be. In due time I'm sure I'll learn and embrace the new changes, abd be able to adapt eagerly. For now, eager isn't on my list as the shock and awe is winding down.
February- after my work refused to change my schedule three times, after my nanny fell ill; I literally left a note on my supervisors desk along with my badge that basically said peace out. I needed my schedule changed and it wasn't being accommodated and that was a deal breaker. Luckily I had been smart and paid months in advance in bills before leaving, and had savings.
March- Landon had a few doctors appointments Jeff wasn't letting me go to. This seemed suspicious most definitely. One was for a dental check up, fine. Got it. One was for a physical, ok. No worries. Then....one with a specialist. Jeff took him to this mystery appointment. I half begged to go sensing something was up he wasn't telling me about. And I always want to be there for my son. Especially with his pasy medical history, I know Jeff would want to know what was up too. Jeff drops Landon off from said appointment, in a hurry. Tells me to call him later and he will discuss the appointment findings as he was rushing to the ship for work...I call on my way to the bus stop. It went like this.
Me: "What was his appointment for?"
Jeff: "Sooooooo he's been diagnosed with autism. They put him on the autism spectrum scale. You wouldn't allow it so o
I did it without you. Sorry."
Me: *pauses......absolute rage builds. Spews every bad word in the book out of my mouth*.
Flash back to May of 2012. Jeff missed all his special education testing. Knowing the intensive therapy Landon would be receiving at preschool for his delays and speech. I wanted to wait and see before having him tested. As I knew how beneficial the daily therapy would be for him. I wanted to see how far the school got with him before I had him tested. Jeff took this as I was *refusing/never* going to have him tested.
I was more mad that I was written out of the process than the diagnosis. Not going to lie, the diagnosis irates me. As him being short, different, the worlds easiest target for bullying, and add autism on that and being in special education, targets him more. Trust me, if I find out anyone ever picks on him. Mommy wolf will show up :) What mother doesn't protect their children?
Now I'm working on my real estate brokers license while working at Windermere. I literally walked in and said hey. I'm interested in the field. But want to get my foot in the door. Any openings? They go yeah actually. We need to fire someone. So, I replaced her and am there usually mid afternoon and evenings. I'm off doing everything, the office is literally maybe a mile or so from my house. Which is awesome! I do need to hurry and finish it though. Here's hoping by end of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment