Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family and sibling update

I meant to post this in my last post, but I was distract by a person, by the name of Jeffery, sticking his head next to me, then startling me. So, I finished there.

There is so much going on just within the first few weeks of the year! Oh my gosh!
-Jeff and I bought a house, I'll wrap this up and do MORE paperwork to be faxed.
-Hillary leaves for China for 10 months, starting tomorrow.
-Dad and Mom are going to Bermuda for a job interview, for 6 days.
-Mikelle won a trip to Mexico, and was here for New years with Mouse. (her daughter, Maleah)
-Seths spanish is so good, he's been asked how long he's been speaking eglish for!
-Cody is in Southern California, and still loving it. Still as tenderhearted as before.

Briefly: My dad unfortuately lost his job in September, he's spent hours online looking hither and yon for a new job. No luck. Until December, he FINALLY got a call from someone about a company in BERMUDA that needed a CIO. (Chief Informations Officer, and he was CIO at his last job. So, he's obviously qualified. He basically does super advanced C++ and IT stuff. He Spent 18 years in school getting degrees). My mom is a prayerful person, she prayed about going. She felt like she needed to wait, when they'd just seen airfare for $300 roundtrip to Bermuda. Lo and behold, they get back to my parents a few days ago, and they'd booked my moms plane ticket for her to accompany my dad! And, they'd set them up with a realtor when they get there to look at rental properties. Look up Bermuda real estate, you will poop your pants it's more expensive than Hollywood. So, they leave the 15th for 6 days in Bermuda!

Hillary! She's taking off to Beijing, China, to teach english! AGAIN! I don't know why she'd want to do that, but I'm thinking she must have really liked it enough to go back a 2nd time. And, this time, she's got a friend from the singles branch, Drew (female actually), is going with her. Her contract is up in June, but theres a large possibility they'll extend her until October. It was bittersweet saying good bye to her. Over the years, she's become a friend to me, being that she's my ONLY sibling nearby. I was over at my parents house, and saw she'd literally packed up her whole room. It was sad in a way. Oh well, she'll be back right as Cody is home!

Cody is loving California, of course! He's away from the rain! I talked to him on christmas, and he's extremely happy, and loves teaching people. Cody is a very loving person, soft spoken when he's speaking of something he loves, which at this time, he's extremely passionate about his love of god, being on a mission for church has made him so sweet and loving. He gets home 2nd week of October.

Seth is surving a new england winter! I talked to him o christmas as well. He's really good at spanish! He said a few things, and I was left clueless! My mom confrenced him in to my Elledge Grandparents, and spoke to my step grandma, who's 1/2 mexican and she was incredibly impressed with how he sounded. (she's fluent in spanish) He was snowed in for 3 days, and hada new copanion and he didn't know him that well, so they just played game for 3 days straight. Oh how fun! JUST KIDDING! Seth is a very proud uncle. He adores his 2 cute little nieces, but oh man! He was ecstatic to have a nephew! He even announced it at church, haha.

Anyway, all is well, all is well!

2 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! So much is going on. What a fun, crazy family. I'm really hopping that your dad takes that job, that may be my only ticket to go some where cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your entire family is just spread across the globe! Awesome though. So many places to go . . .

    ReplyDelete