Well, it's finally happened.
We bought a house!!!!!
Jeff's about to leave to recruiting training on the 23rd in Pensacola. So, getting it to close this month, it's possible, so long as we get the ball rolling on things. We're in the middle of packing things up, putting them in storage, and all that lovely stuff.
We'll be living about an hour and fifteen minute from where we are currently. In the long run, it's about 50 miles from my parents. Seems far, but when you're going up and down it on freeways, it's not too bad of a drive. Somewhat scenic if anything.
The house in in the city of Puyallup. Come visit us in September, and we'll all go to the fair! It's the biggest in the state.
The house itself, we got an AMAAAAAAZING deal on. It was foreclosed. We'd seen several that were, and in very poor condition. This one was in perfect condition, just needs a few spots on the carpet cleaned, and it's good to go. It was built in 2004, is a 3 bedroom, 2.75 bathroom. We'd really wanted a 4 bedroom, but this has a massive bonus room, so if needs be, we'll wall it up in time, and voila, there's our 4th bedroom. it's 2295sq ft. We will need all new appliances. That's not fun, but oh well. That's one thing we kind of expected.
I've been doing my homework on the school districts and all that, looks good. Espcially that the school is LESS than 2 miles from our house. I'm going to pay a visit to the staff to see the 2nd grade teachers, being that I want to be sure that everything is "right", for Leena. She'll be with us full time in June, we're transitiong her slowly. It's in a gated community, so makes it feel safer in an aspect. It's in a huge development.
Either way, I'm happy to be out of Bremerton come the 23rd, and closer (Sorta) to family. For those of you who want the address, let me know! Pending if we have cell service out there or not, we'll set up a landline in time.
I'm excited because all of my experiments with interior decorating, will pay off. I've got the layout planned on 3 rooms. Our master bedroom, formal living room, and living/dining area. My friend Julie has offered to help me, so I'm excited for that!
We're excited that Jeff isn't going on deployment, more time with the kids, and a regular work schedule. So far, the year is off to a good start and 2 months of house hunting has finally paid off!
Awesome. Congratulations! We'll have to come visit your new little city of Puyallup.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to have your very own home! Maybe that will be me one day. I'm thinking we will have to come out when you are all moved in and have a couch bed!!
ReplyDelete