Sunday, December 28, 2008

Poor car!

I wrote in the blog below, that I'd explain the chain story. Well, here it is.

It snowed last week, and Jeff had said, he'd leave the mazda and take the other car to work, that way if I needed to go anywhere, I'd have the 'safer' car. It had literally about a half inch on the ground. I realized I needed a few things, and I probably could get them at the corner store on the highway nearby, which is less than a mile from our house. So, off we went, well. It wasn't easy getting there, and was going to be worse getting back. While I was there, a jiffy lube employee was there also. I asked him to help me put our cables on. Well, Jeff forgot to stick the tightening rubber cables in with the metal ones. (so they don't fly off, I didn't even get the stuff I needed to get!) So, as I'm driving home, I hear this horrible noise, I knew they were loud last time, but not that loud as they were at that moment. They were coming off. @#%$! Landon starts to cry. I'm about to go up a huge hill...do I stop and get stuck, and maybe go into a ditch or hit another car? Or, keep going and suffer potential body damage to the car. I'll take the last option. I kept going. I get home and our driveway has about 3 inches of snow at this point. I decide to leave the car on the street. Our car isn't a good snow car. (mazda 3) I then see all the damage that ONE cable flying around, has done. Oh my hell! I am in SOOO MUCH TROUBLE! it's pretty bad. If you're staring at the driver side, you'll see the wheel well torn apart, the lights scuffed, a dent in the very bottom of the door (size of a tennis ball) The hood has tiny dings in it, the whole side next to the lights, and below, are totally torn to hell. Oh, I'm in for it.

What do I do? I come in. And immediately call Jeff at work. He was on duty, so he'd be there for at least 24 hours, and if I tell him now, it'll give him time to cool off and not be mad at me. And, if I tell him he forgot to put the rubber parts in there, that keep the chains on, he can't be totally mad at me. I call him and tell him. His only reply was "why did you go anywhere?!" I just said I didn't think a half inch was going to cause so many problems, and he left the car for me to use if I needed to. he came home, assesed it, and we think it's going to cost about $1200-1500 to fix. It's almost all cosmetic, with the exception that the lining part of the door got pried off a bit, and the last part of a wheel well cover got shredded pretty good. Just say you don't notice it until you stare at it. So, it'll be fixed after the house closes.

Oops. I'm just glad he's realized that car do get dinged up. Never on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment