It's been 6 weeks I had Landon, come Wednesday. I still get the "You just had a baby, you look great!" Whew, all that hard work of not working out, paid off! Hehe. I will work out, just after the doctor clears me to.
Overall, I think the recovery is definately alot longer, but I feel good! Finally! If anyone has had a c-section, you'll have the numbness. I still can't feel much on my abdomen, but I'm hoping it'll go away by the time he's one.
Landon is cute as can be. We just love him to bits! He's fitting some of his 0-3 clothes, and that makes me sad. He's already my little growing boy. Oh well, they do that! He's trying SOOO hard to talk, he's so close to smiling. He's flashed me a little one or two, but nothing long enough to get a camera and take a picture of.
I LOVE having Jeff home. He's good about getting up in the night with Landon. I will say this though, he has to get up early to go to work, and if I don't get enough sleep, I don't function properly and it's hard for me to do anything. So, we've run into the "no, you get up with him this time" a couple times. But, either way, Landon was well taken care of by a very groggy parent. He's finally on a schedule now.
Anyone answer me this. I just think this is weird. Anytime we give him his bottle at night time, at my parents house, and put him to sleep in his carseat, he sleeps for 5 hours, un-interrupted. (We put some rice cereal in his bottle because he was waking up once an hour) Yet, we do the SAME thing here at home, just put him in his crib instead, and he gets up every 2-3 hours. Is that weird? Or is he just a fan of sleeping in his car seat? I'm still lost as to why the big difference in sleep. I want him to sleep 5 hours at once at home!
Anyway, here are some random pictures from Fam Day with my family, and some of Jeff and the kids.
Jeff and Leena at my parents
Jeff giving Landon a bath, he didn't cry!
Jeff and Landon looking at the lights. Landon LOVES looking at them! It's so cute!
Landon admiring all the pretty colors form his bouncy.
Thanksgiving at my parents. A typical scene at their house. My mom, Jeff, Hillary and Isabelle. Isabelle lost her husband to liver cancer 2-3 years ago, on christmas day. She's been my moms buddy and visiting teacher for years now.
Leena and Papa Charles cuddled up
Me and Leena Beena!
We had a little mini christmas tree left over from my divorce with Leenas dad. (he hated Christmas, that was the biggest tree I was allowed to have, SAD!) so we put lights on it, and stuck it in Landons room. And funny enough, I was on the phone with my sister, Hillary.
I can't believe he is already 6 weeks old. He is so cute. I love the first tub picture at the top, you can start to see his chubby little thighs. And I like the pictures of you guys holding him in his little outfits that just show off his perfect little body.
ReplyDeleteThe night feedings those first few months are sooo hard! Bryton was really inconsistent with sleeping too. Some times he'd sleep almost all night long and other times he'd wake up 5 times a night. I don't think there's much you can do, but it will get better. Bryton mostly sleeps through the night now, but last week he wasn't feeling too great and woke up 5 times in 6 hours. Sooo, I guess they're always a little unpredictable. I've heard that you should feed them on demand until about 4 months, and then you can start to cut out some of the feedings by letting him cry until he goes back to sleep. In a few days time he'll stop waking up for that feeding. It worked pretty well with Bryton, but like I said, not perfectly!
ReplyDeleteI totally remember the night feedings, but I really liked doing it because she was a really good baby.
ReplyDeleteFor the car seat thing,Brooklyn will do the same thing. I wonder if babies just love having their personal seat that "snuggles" them...I know I would. :)