Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So long Stennis...

The Stennis Pictures, Images and Photos

It's official! We have less than a month and a half, then Jeff is OFF the Stennis! (aka USS John C. Stennis) They leave for another 7-8 month long deployment mid January. Which, Jeff had said if he was single still, he wouldn't mind going on. I think they're touring asia this time around. He toured the persian gulf last deployment. Which was Jan 2007-Aug of the same year.

I'm not looking forward to the 5 weeks of him being gone in Pensacola, but it's better than a deployment! For all of you "civilian wives", be happy youre husband doesn't have the crazy schedule Jeff does. Don't take that for granted! Jeff is working a 24 hour shift, every other day. So, pretty much the morning he gets off work, he goes back at 6am the next day. Seriously, be happy your husband or partner is around!

The good thing is, Jeff will be working 9-5, come April when he's actually in the recruting office in Tacoma. Yay! A normal work schedule!

Which, means...we get to move..YAY! Yeah, totally kidding. I hate moving! I've moved like 4 times in less than 4 years! I'm praying this is the last time we have to move for at least a couple of years!

We've been house hunting the past week or 2. We actually went ahead and did all of the mortgage things first, and got pre-approved and all that, so we'd be considered serious buyers, because we are. And, with how the eceonomy is lately, that's a good idea, to show that you're stable and not going to go into foreclosure and all of that.

Props to our realtor, she's been very patient and has a good grasp on what we're looking for. I will say this, out of the 10 hours we've probably spent with her, and looking at houses and commuting places, I've seen ONE house that I like. Some were OK, and that's not bad. I"m just insanely picky, and if one thing is too small, it's instantly voided out. Maybe Jeff will cave and get the one that I did really love :)

We pretty much have 45 days to get a house, and have it close...NO stress at all! That way we can move out of here, stop paying for the place we're in, and get into the house before Jeff leaves around the 21st of next month. Blah! Oh well, stressful, but I'm hoping it'll be worth while!

No comments:

Post a Comment