I think I have a couple things to blog about this time around!
I'll start off with Christmas.
I was rather pleased to see that ABC aired Charlie Browns Christmas. I think it gives us a reminder that christmas is mainly about Christ. Easy to forget with all the commercialism. And, I was very happy that they did air it, frankly, I'm sick of the "Merry Christmas Bans" because it's not politically correct. I watched a Jeff Dunham Christmas special on Comedy Central, and his puppet character Walter, was talking about that very thing. He literally said "ya know, I've been wanting to say this for a couple years now, screw you, It's Merry Christmas!". Thank you! Someone else said it besides me! Needless to say, the crowd cheered wildly. If you get offended by that, wow. You're going to have it hard on all holidays. I think people should be able to say what they want to wish someone a good holiday. That's all they're saying, is have fun. Just with fancy words.
Anyway, Merry Christmas!!
For Christmas this year, we're making the trek to Boise, ID. Jeff's home area. Well, he's from a tiny town called Jerome. Where it's full of stinker stations (which oddly enough, DO stink) and hills and cattle. Yup, small town america. He's so excited. I'm dreading the drive. It's supposed be be snowing pretty much across the WHOLE state of Washington come this Saturday, when we're due to leave.
However, He's almost giddy to see his family. He and I drove there for Thanksgiving last year. Only to have Jeff be a total mute on the 8-9 hour drive there because he got mono, his throat was in so much pain, he couldn't talk. (Didn't get it from me!) Needless to say, I DJ'd with the ipod the whole time. Little conversing took place that trip. So, it'll be fun to have little Landon and big little Leena with us this time. Not many have seen Landon from his dad's side, so Jeff is uber pumped to show him off.
I will say this, that drive is the most BORING drive! Anyone who's driven through Oregon, Idaho and Washington, knows what I'm talking about. Once you get on I-90, take 3 sleeping pills til you arrive cause there is nothing to see. All I can say is, I'm glad we spent the money for a DVD system for the car. I may have to watch PS. I love you when the kids are asleep.
House Hunting!
Our sweet agent, Natalya, has spent alot of time trying to find us a good home. We finally found one! We went to her office 2 days ago to do the offer, as she pulled up the listing...it then said "Subject to inspection". NOOOO! Someone beat us to it! I was totally bummed. It was a nice home in the small city of Spanaway. But, I guess that's an indication that it possibly may not have worked out. So, we're out looking again. You'd be surprised how many homes are in foreclosure. Seems like the half of what we've seen, were significantly priced lower, because of that. Which, we did see some OK ones, but I will be honest, fixing someones anger issue cause they lost their home, doesn't sound appealing. (some had punched holes in walls, doors, tried to 'injure' the house per se as they moved out) I originally didn't even want a foreclosed home, it just sounded like bad news to me. But, now that our time limit is coming up very fast on when to buy one, I don't have a choice but to include them now. Downfall is, if we make an offer on a bank owned property, it can take up to 2 months to get a response. We don't have that kind of time. We'll see! We're scouring the internet and looking everywhere. Ugh!
Lastly, I dont' know how many people have seen this, but WOW!
Sounds like you guys are going to have a great holiday. Are you going to be with Jeff's family all through Christmas.? If we weren't going to our parents for Christmas I would totally come up and visit you. What day do you guys go home? Looking for a house sounds exciting but also like tons of work. Good luck on the hunt. And one more thing, I like those kinds of drives. You are going to have a great time taking in all the open view from your warmed heated car..
ReplyDelete