
It's been a while since I've posted something, so I changed and fed Landon, put him in his swing while I get a little caught up on things.
We left Bremerton a couple of weeks ago, and sent Jeff off to FL for training to be a Navy recruiter. I'm so glad that he's OFF THE SHIP! The Stennis is going hither and yon, and not going to be back until August. All those new dads who don't get to see their kids until then, I feel bad for them! Part of the job though, especially if you're stationed on an aircraft carrier.
Jeff left the 24th of Jan to Pensacola, FL. We moved all day the day prior. I will be honest, I wasn't much of a help. Moving is not my forte. I get so overwhelmed, that I don't know where to start. So, I do the basics like clean the bathrooms, pack them up, and pack up Landon's things. We chose not to keep paying the outrageous rent at the house we where in, when we had just bought a house. Didn't make sense. So, I'm with my parents until Jeff gets back, which is a day or 2 past the original date, but that was miscommunication part on the Navy's side. Jeff handles moving alot better than I do, he's done it so many times, he has a certain way of doing it. And, he's efficient.
Either way, all that's left with the house, is all the signing. We had to get a power of attorney to make sure that I could sign them all without Jeff having to be there, or fedex'd something overnight. I've asked many times, and been told it shouldn't be a problem. Just waiting for the escrow company to all and set up an appointment, and we're good to go!
Leena got about 3k of dental work done, poor girl. A "normal" mouth, is supposed to be 38mm, hers is 30mm. Which is abnormally small, which will cause horrific problems in the future. So, she now has expanders and 4 small braces. 2 on the top front permanent teeth, 2 on the bottom permanent teeth. You have to crank these big ol' metal things in her mouth, we went to crank it, and poor thing she was in tears, it was rather painful for her. Needless to say, I'll be making grandma tighten them, and not me...I don't want to cause my daughter pain, even if it's just for her teeth. Maybe in a few weeks. She's only supposed to have them on for 4 months. She's getting slowly better at eating and speaking. She's been rather diligent with her fluoride, flossing etc. Just hope that it all works, and we don't have to have her in braces in 4 years, like I did!
Landon is growing, but he's still "small", and that, I'm OK with with! We went to the Dr 1 week ago, and at the time, he was 11lbs, 12oz, 23 3/4" long, and in the 10-25% range. Not too surprising, his dad is 5'3 and 115lbs on a good day. I'm 5'2 and 108, so this shouldn't shock people that he's still able to pull off some of his 0-3 clothes. Doctor told me not to let him eat solid food yet. What did I do? I gave him some anyway, just because he's eating NON-STOP! It holds him off a bit longer, and it's not like I'm giving him cereal, 5 times a day. Maybe once every other day. I mix it up with some pears and he's in heaven. He's not as messy as Leena, but the kid can sure eat alot more than her when she was his age! Landon is getting really good at tracking things. He LOVES baby Mozart! He's taking a love of his sister. He cried when I took him from her today. I handed him back to her, he stopped. Took away again, and he really wasn't happy, til I gave him his Binky. He "talks" up a storm, and is so much fun. He still hates tummy time, but he's just gonna have to deal with that for now!

Landon loves to stand up!

My matching little kiddos!

Landon loves pears!

My little talker!
Cute pics, Heidi! Good luck with the house, and hope your little one's mouth feels better soon! Our (Leatham) family has it's fair share of mouth problems too, so I can understand a bit! And Landon is a doll :)
ReplyDeletePoor Leena. I'm glad your mom will help you with that, I don't think I could do it either , but it must be done. Landon is such a healthy little lug. He just has the cutest faces always. A mommy knows best and and if he loves those pears then you just keep on feeding him. When does Jeff get back?
ReplyDelete