This was my year:
January, my husband of almost 3yrs, moved out. Some reason, this blindsided me, even though I knew it was coming. The legal documents were filed Dec 1, 2010.
February, I took on the task of watching little Miri. Who brings me many smiles, and many stresses.
March, my Mom flew in from Bermuda to visit us, and then go see my sister in Idaho.
April, my sweet little sister, Hillary brought my gorgeous nephew, Uriah Aaron into the world.
May, My beloved grandfather, Wayne Elledge, (dad's side) passed away suddenly. I took that VERY hard, and I don't expect to "heal". I never will. But, I'm allowed to miss him. And I do daily.
June, arguing ensured more in my relationship with Jeff, literally to the point of constant tears. I didn't know what had happened. I went to Hawaii just in the nick of time.
July, a best friends grandfather died. I know I had never met him, but to see someone be in my shoes only 7-8wks later after losing my grandpa, was HARD. Very hard. More arguing, and severe tension arose in mine and Jeff's relationship, it was turning to anger.
August, we finally agreed we knew what the start of the fights were, and stopped discussing those topics. Things are slowly improving, and will take a while. Jeff moved out of his leased room in the house 1.8 miles away, and moved about 3.5 miles away. I went to his house the day after he moved in, in hopes it would rid me of some of my guilt and bring more closure. It somewhat has.
My mom always taught me, "The attitude is gratitude". I'm determined to count my blessings. Also do what my Great Grandmother Emma would say, "Look for the good, and praise it!"
With that said, no one I knew was fatally killed by a drunk driver, or murdered. I have my health, a roof over my head, healthy children, and have money in my bank account, and a working vehicle. So many other people in this world, simply don't have those.
Looking for the good in your life, takes 2 seconds. Think of a new one daily, and make a "I'm grateful for", list in your home. Write something NEW down each day. And months before thanksgiving is around, you'll already have your list. So on the days you're feeling a bit off, or just having a hard time, you can look back on that, and realize the plus things in your life, in which are little blessings. I'm going to start mine tonight. My first and foremost things I'm immensely grateful for, and will always come #1 to me, my family. Siblings and my own kids. They all make me smile, laugh, cry and have nothing but unconditional love for me, the one thing that only a family can give.
No comments:
Post a Comment