Monday, August 29, 2011

Dating 101, again?



I've decided I'm going to be open about this.



I remember once, a neighbors license plate frame one read "Star light, Star bright, where the hell is Mr. Right?"



I'm 30yrs old, and have played about 17 innings of a baseball game of dating. Went out will tall nice guys with military career in full effect, builders, more military (never was on purpose actually, all was freak accident) teachers, students, wireless dorks, (I can say that as I was one too) and engineers. Many walks of life, many differences between me and whoever.



So, I've decided I don't want to play the field. I seriously should just be gay. Oh wait, missing one big detail...not attracted to women. Darn!



As a little girl, I was told to write down the qualities that appeal to me, and that I want. Anyone that doesn't know I was born and raised Mormon, now ya know! The goal of this, is not to be picky, but not to settle for less.



Here it goes:

Tall

Dark hair, light eyes, I have a thing for blue eyes. (Go look at my track record, you'll see this, look at Jeff, ha.)

Clean cut, dresses according to their age

Clicks well with me

Same faith

Stellar goals; emotionally physically, spiritually

Wants/has kids, ok with me having 2 of my own

Gets along not just with my family, but my kids as well

Morally clean, doesn't drink, smoke, swear

Safe driver

Handy with a home, I don't know how to fix plumbing

As affectionate and love giving as I am

LOVES his Mother and has a close bond with her



Spiritual things:

Prays

Read scriptures

Has STRONG faith, and won't ever doubt it or second guess it

Wants a family; for eternity

Is willing to attend church with me and kids, regularly (as I teach Sunday school)

(If you're not LDS, skip this part) Has temple goals

Can bless my kids when they need it.



Good news is, I think I already have a clue as to somoene who fits all of this...WHOA NELLY! Having a clue and acting on it are 2 different things. My divorce is still "pending" almost a year later, no rush, I'm enjoying my time at home with my kids :)





1 comment:

  1. WOW Heidi! You are truly so strong and amazing. I think you are right on the money!! I hope this new guy has blue eyes xo love you

    ReplyDelete