I can't believe it, school is about to start! I think I think that's the worst feeling because it means that summer is almost over and then it's fall, and then it seriously just dumps rain here and gets snow and ice for 6 LONG months. =/ So not looking forward to it, I just know that if I didn't have kids and family her, I would NOT live in this "Evergreen State". Yes, it's green a lot of trees - but think of how much water those trees need to stay green.
I'll stop whining, I just don't like rain.
Leena had a fun filled summer, we can't go wrong there! She first up and went to Bermuda to see my parents, met my niece Maleah there and had a time of their lives snorkeling, making crafts, and more swimming and snorkeling. Leena used to have a HUGE phobia of the water, looks like visiting Grandma K and Papa has helped her overcome that one, yay! She came home from Bermuda, SUPER brown, I can't believe how latin she looks! She was home only for 2-3 days, got a few playdates in with her little friend Alayna, and then was off to her Dad's to get up at the crack of dawn to go on an international flight. She went from Seattle-Amsterdam-Paris-Johannesburg, S. Africa. All in all, it was 33 hours one direction. Poor kids said it was SOOOO boring! Her Dad and Bonus Mom (step mom, I call them bonus, as "step" just sounds so evil step mom-ish) bought her an iPod shuffle and loaded it up with about 5hrs worth of things a almost 10yr old little girl would like. She got to be a flower girl at her bonus Aunt's wedding, whom she'd never met before. She did say that everyone smokes down there, but at least they did it outside. She said she loved the fact that 5 dogs were present in the house. When I asked why there were FIVE dogs, she said "I guess there's a bit of crime in the area", so I guess no need for a house alarm when you've got 5 pitbulls. I don't know this is settled me, or unsettled me, either way, she was safe.
On the way home, they got to Amsterdam, and her bonus Mom got REALLY sick. Like, she was on the plane throwing up before take off, they put her in an ambulance, took her to a hospital and kept her there for observation and then sent them home the next day, which essentially was to the airport. She got home, then her Dad got the bug that his wife had. Luckily, Leena never got it!
She's got until the first to play her brains out. We went back to school shopping in July to avoid crowds and what not. I just have to get her a new outfit and I'm set!
I'm also excited because we have family pictures on the 6th. I say "Family" because it is all 4 of us, and Jeff and I do great at co-parenting and will be in the photos. I don't think we'll have a full on "family" photo, but we'll rotate out with the kids and such. Woop!
I can't believe how lucky Leena is. I was feeling the same way as you about school starting, but it didn't last long. I feel free as a bird with just one at home :)Good luck with the family pics, ours NEVER turn out. wish we lived closer xo
ReplyDelete