Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is karma genetic?

Lately my sweet little boy, hasn't been that sweet. I watch and 18ms old little girl 4xs a week. All day. She's usually pretty happy, go lucky, friendly little girl. Loves to laugh and giggle. And I'm pretty sure up until this week. Had no problems with Landon.

Until Monday. Landon discovered how to push Miri to the ground =( He did it many times, and thought it was hilarious. So she turned around, and shoved him back. He thought it was funny. Probably because it was on the couch which is nice and soft and fluffy compared to the cold hard floor in which he's been shoving her. I've tried to separate them as he's gotten more aggressive with the shoving. He thinks it's HILARIOUS. She will be screaming with tears streaming down her face, running in total fear away from him, he's behind her, catching up, laughing as hard as he can. Then BOOM, to the ground he's shoved her. Her tears are flowing even more, his laughter fills the air. Now repeat this about five times. That's with separating them to opposite floors of the house (literally) and keeping them away. Nothing is working!

As a kid, I didn't shove my siblings that much. I just did gnarly, mean things to them over and over. I'd frame them even! I'd tease them til they would cry and rat on me. I was probably the world's worst older sister. I'd put a salted mexican candy in their eye, soap on everyones toothbrush (mine included, but I'd not put it on Seth's so it would look like he did it and not me) and so on. Ice water on them while in the shower to hear them scream. Just MEAN things, over and over. I backed off a bit when we moved to Seattle. I don't do it too often. I did have a friend over the other night though...I was upstairs, and It was dark in my house, I said a light had gone out upstairs, so they needed to go up to where I was. I hid behind the bannister at the top of the stairs...I hid on the ground, they came around the stars, saw a dark blob on the ground and about peed themselves! We laugh and laughed and laughed! Too bad not everyone finds everything funny.

My Mom always said "UGH! HEIDI!! I Hope you have a child like you!" and I was always hoping she was wrong. And now, I fear she was right. What on earth do I do about Landon? I'm seriously puzzled. I'm sick of him pushing Miri, Miri is sick of being pushed. And I don't want my son being a bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment