Sunday, March 15, 2015

Since 2014

In my previous post, I confess to not doing my blogging....which has always been therapeutic for me.

Since then, I left my job. Took a part time one, that was local in town. Which...I will say this. HARDEST 6ms of my life. Going from something full time, and an adapted income to part time, a huge pay decrease, and not very fulfilling. Scariest 6ms of my life, seriously. In hindsight I don't know how I did it. I honestly don't. I took a l=job last fall, as a contract to permanent employee, under the Clarisonic brand, which is owned by L'oreal. Because of where I live, commuting north is quite common since because of the military base down here, housing is less, so jobs can pay less. Go north where Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks, Amazon, etc are all based. Housing in areas is easily in the millions and cost of living is higher, meaning higher pay. It's in their warranty department. We test peoples devices, some come back fine, and others are something we don't want to touch. We also replace thousands of devices a year, that are under warranty. I actually enjoy it because it's interesting to hear people RAVE about a product so much for one. Two, my hours allow me more time with my kids, three. I just got hired on as a permanent L'oreal employee, and have stellar benefits etc. We get discounts on whatever other company L'oreal owns. So I have Christmas and birthday presents picked out for my sisters. Haha. It's a long drive, and a lot of commitment on my end, but my no sleep and doing apparently well, has paid off.

Kids-

Leena is now 13.5 She's about 5'0" exactly, and will be surpassing me soon. She's in 7th grade and very proud of her 4.0 GPA. I am too! She tries so hard to make sure she's always doing good. She is kinda an overachiever and I saw this coming from her when she was about 5 or so. If you ever corrected her on her grammar, she would cry. And tell you, you were wrong, haha. She is BENT on going to Columbia University. She's wanting nothing less than an Ivy league school. I hope Eli helps out with that! She also is superior with her brother, she's taught him how to read better, write better, and they love to sit and do basic math with each other. (AHHH!! MATH!! YUCK!!) She's turning into a little lady, and it's definitely bittersweet. I miss coming home to her teaparties with all her stuffed animals, that she would individually name (IE: SuffPokeyMaxine) and dress to the nines, and be a saint and clean it all up with minimal help. My mom has always called her AngeLeena, and she's stood true to that divine name.

Landon is now 6.5 and in Kindergarten. He and Leenas schools share a parking lot, so on the days I do have to go back and forth, it's literally a crosswalk apart. Landon is in a mainstream class, with the occasional pull out for his Special Education. Having 2 kids at the opposite realms of education, is humbling. I have my daughter who can't learn enough, or fast enough, with straight A's, and my son who has autism, and finds large groups settings difficult to learn in, and can sometimes act out because of it. They're both different and I love them to inifinity because of that. He started off in September having difficulty even holding a pencil to write his name. Now, I see "Landon" on everything. And sometimes, he write "Landon 10" on things as well. (he was the 10th kid in his preschool, and 10 was his assigned number last year) He is OBSESSED with the color yellow. And always has loved cars and trains. And ever since we had to re-home our kitten, Meeka about 15ms ago, he's got a deep love for cats.

Landon is a riot. The Ellie Goulding song "Love me like you do", came on. And he was back in his car seat singing "love me like a dude! touch me like a dude!" we quickly corrected him hahaha.

I love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment