Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hawaii Trip '15

I've been neglectful of my little outlet.

Brian and I went to Kauai in end of May, early June.

We opted to stay in a little villa Brian has a deep love for now. It's just a newly renovated 2bd/2ba place. That way we kinda have our own spaces.


This time, we were like ok. "Let's stay local". Flying in, you fly in to the southern part of the island. We usually rent a car, head up towards Hanalei/Princeville and plan sporadic things while we are there that take a while to get to. The drive from South to North is an hour or more, pending where you stay. Some of it weaves you inland and coastal, so pending where you're at, you're looking at banyans or the ocean.

Ever since I started my job at L'oreal, my schedule changed. I don't sleep as much as I really should. So, the past year, Brian has been a sweetheart and the BEST sport of learning to deal with new silence in the car, haha. I usually fall asleep in the car anywhere we go over a half hour. It's kinda sad, but he knows I have mild insomnia, and have for years and with my crazy hours and before 4am rising each day, he's learned to do business calls or listen to the radio while I take my power naps. Having said that, thank you honey!!! I know you miss taking to me.

We got there first day, and we went to our little place, set stuff in. I think ate something fast, put on suits, and hit the beach. We'd agreed to do this on the way there. And, was one reason when I booked our flights, that I made sure we left early, and got there early so we could still have daylight. Nothing worse than being on a plane all day, and then you get there and it's bed time! Gah!

We hit up the grocery store that was just a half mile from our place, got some supplies for the week. Brian ALWAYS gets a boat load of local juice. And he drinks it like it's his fountain of youth. (Attention Aloha Maid, your next competition is him) Cracks me up. He will blow through a 6 pack like a redneck watching the Indy 500 on a Saturday in August, haha. And went on our way.

Because I don't want to do a play by play of every single thing we did, and not sadly, it's starting to get foggy. I will post photos!

One thing we didn't do this year, was Waimea Canyon. It's rather stunning and majestic, but we'd done it twice before. And each time, I got horrible altitude sickness. My little body just can't handle boats or extreme heights. However, I highly suggest it if you make it out to the Garden Isle.


We did take photos on Hanalei Beach, which we both love. If you've not seen the movie South Pacific, watch it first. It makes an appearance in that film a few times. We also went back a few other times just for swimming etc. It's not usually jam packed with people, but you can see others taking photos there. It's next to Bali Hai, which is pretty in itself and sets a mood if you will. That's always on our go to place!

Here is some links of place we went and thoroughly enjoyed:

Restaurants:
-Tidepools (tooks a huge nap on the way from photos to that place, it's down by Poipu)
http://kauai.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/Tidepools.html
-Hukilau Lanai
http://www.hukilaukauai.com/
Brian loves this place...

And this place had the BEST tacos, no joke!



Beaches:
Tunnels Beach

We discovered Anini on our last trip, that's a good one too.

Hanelei


Hikes:
Kalalau Trail, takes you along the extremely sharp Na Pali Coast


We had a blast, we roamed around, Brian got sunburned. I got hyper about making sure no sand ever stayed in my suit, haha. Like literally washing it after each use. We found new places we hadn't before, Brian got handed some produce from a local and it made his day =) We laughed so hard we were almost in tears, we took awesome photos (Here:)

And no, WE DID NOT GET MARRIED! Why would we ever go on vacation, and took what almost looked like wedding photos, and then come back not even engaed? *cough, Brian, cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment