I meant to post this about a month ago, almost exactly. I did something on my Instagram, but I let an angered moment hit a delete button and it was long gone. I really should turn off electronics when mad. Lesson learned!
I a quick rush, I threw up my not so detailed Kauai trip from June.
So, here's a little more details about it. And, it helped a close friend kinda called me out too =P
I want to start off with something that was actually a milestone in my life, last month.
I've been with Brian the LONGEST of any guy or marriage of my life. That says something to me. And to my family.
I still remember what he was wearing the first time I saw him. (Gray RL sweater, black leather jacket, jeans, dark leather belt, black leather shoes) and how he was so polite. And giddy. It was really sweet.
Fast forward many years later I still GRIN when I see his truck pull up, and what's even sweeter is his happiness is mirroring mine.
Anytime I fall asleep next to him, he is holding my hand. Despite having conflicting work schedules, I still get upset if I go 2 days without seeing him Despite living less than 3 miles apart. We've built not only a foundation with each other, but with our kids too. We packed up all 3 of them and made it to Disneyland, where the kids had a blast! I know my kids still talk about it, and I have heard Logan rave about it as well.
We've had our ups and downs, just like everyone else. And every time, we managed to stick through it. There has been a few times, where I was so mad I though "I don't need this anymore", only to turn a song on the radio just to cry my eyes out because I knew that it was just the anger talking, and my logic and heart knew I still, and do need you. And I always will.
He is my heart, my soul, my rock, my soul mate, he has confidence in me that I sometimes lack in myself. He reminds me to have faith, when I get overwhelmed by life and it's hardships. We've been tough a lot, heartache, loss, stress, feeling alone. And he is the one person that when I'm upset by something, he comforts me in a kind and delicate way. He hold my chin, and tells me everything will be ok. And he kisses me and everything melts away my fears, my guilt, my insecurities, my pain. He is sweet and gentle, every hug is with a small sense of caution. He is sentimental. He smells my hair, as to put it on the record as a piece of comfort. And his smell is of comfort and essence of masculinity to me.
When we went on our most recent trip in June, we'd been to the same island 3 times. This time was more different. Not the ones prior were bad, but I think we were more in love, and more in sync with each other.
Every day when I would wake up, he would just stare at me and tell me how absolutely beautiful I was.
We laughed so hard we couldn't talk, or couldn't breathe. We watched sunsets almost nightly, I think we only missed one the week we were there. Most at Hanalei Beach, our little Breidi spot. We tried to give the local restaurant the benefit of a doubt, we will keep driving the hour south, haha. I love how you laughed and heard me even with a large snorkel in my mouth, not very close to you, when I had swam much further out, and there was a significant drop in the ocean temperature and you heard my scream and laughed. I loved watching you scale high rock walls, just to climb up on a cliff for a great photo opportunity. I love how we went swimming almost daily, one even in high gusty winds. Which, knocked me into the ocean floor and we just laughed because it was so unexpected and the end result was not cute at all, haha. I love how you hold my face in your hands when you want to tell me something important, how you drive cautiously because you think I'm your precious cargo and don't want to put me in a position of any form of danger. I loved all your chicken jokes, the fact you fell asleep on me on the flight home brought me comfort.
Even when we took photos with Jonathan, it was 100% us. We are always laughing and smiling. I am thrilled and want all of those because it shows how true to US that really is. Even he remarked on our chemistry! You still make me laugh, my heart still skips a beat when I haven't seen you in a few days and I see you smiling with a sense of contentment. I remember you watching get ready for photos and when I was done and turning off the light to the bathroom, you just stood there almost jaw dropped. Like I was the only female on this planet, and I was the focal point of attention for you.
Thank you for having so much fun with me. And reminding me that even being able to walk, to see what is even on this earth itself is a blessing. And I'm sorry for not appreciating that until now. I loved watching everything you did, whether it was something as simple as driving in bad rains, or, just getting ready or helping me cook. You had a smile EVERY time. No matter what we did. Thank you for putting up with me. I know I got too cold in the grocery store and I'm a whimp about sand on my feet, and for just embracing me and my weird qwerks the way they exist with everyone. I truly feel blessed beyond any word in the language I speak, that can express my love and devotion to you. I've loved you since the moment you kissed me, loved you now, and will love you even when I'm not on this amazing place called Earth anymore. Can't wait til you're mine forever honey B. You're my world. Thanks again for the absolute best time, I can't even describe how much fun I had. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment