Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Babeh Daniels"

SO! We're 4 months down on this one, and 5 more to go. I'm not looking forward to the summer, pregnant. I've done it before, and I seriously went into hiding for 3 months to avoid being miserable.

It was 92 here yesterday. And now today, it's only like 73. Then again it was 92 at my parents house, who are about 80 miles (if you drive it, ferry is 40 or so) from me, so maybe that makes a difference. I just know that it was HOT for May in Seattle! So long as it doesn't continue like that, I think I'll be ok.

I feel so bad for Jeff, he's stuck on his aircraft carrier missing about 70% of the pregnancy due to him being gone for Sea Trials for 2 months at a time. He'll be home all of July, gone for 2 weeks in August, then gone again 2 more months from Sept-Nov, which is right when I'm due. We've got it figured out that if we can get a scheduled C-section, he can get teh days off and fly home, if not, he has to wait for the call from me or a family member and get flown off the aircraft carrier out by San Diego, and then catch another plane to Seattle, then over to the Navy Hospital in Bremerton, whew! We're in for it!

I'm just far along enough now, that if Jeff calls, and for some reason I have to put my cell on speakerphone, kid gets SUPER excited. It's too cute! They kick me like crazy. Jeff feels bad he's missing so much, but he'll be home in....6 weeks.

We find out what we're having on the 17th, I think it's going to kill me until then!

As far as actual health goes, I feel exhausted all the time. Just an hour ferry ride to my parents house, kicks my butt, and I'm like a wet dishrag by the time I get there. They (dr's) told me to eat more cause I was under weight and I need more iron... And oddly, I ate a steak the other night. Well, that's one out of like 10 that I need to eat, so it'll be a process. And I'm sure once Jeff gets home, and he's figured out how to use the BBQ (hes still learning, haha. it's kinda funny cause I can do it faster than he can.) It'll be easier for me to choke down red meat. (I've never really liked it, it's ok) Funny thing is, I keep wanting chow mein and doughnuts...WOW.

It's a matter of time before I dock my hours down to part time at Sprint. That job wears me out, and I'm constantly yawning while I'm on calls with major companies, real professional!

On a side note, cross your fingers and pray that Jeff and I stay stationed in WA state. If we have to move, it will be a custody issue with leaving the state and wanting to take Leena. So we're hoping they stick him on the Western Washington side. We find out where we'll be be getting orders to soon.

Ok, I'm going to go for now, I'll write more later!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute. I love hearing how you are doing. I can't wait to hear wait you are having! I really hope that you guys don't move. I would hate for there to be any kind of trouble for leena girl. She is too sweet and cute to have to worry her little head.

    ReplyDelete