Monday, May 19, 2008

Jeff-fa-fa

STENNIS2 Aww poor guy, he's not having fun. He's up at like 3am sometimes, I'll get an email from him on my blackberry saying hi and how on earth he's still awake.


<-----That is his ship, literally.

It's almost sad for me to drive past "NB Kitsap" (naval base kitsap, that's the county we live in) to see a gigantic blank spot where all these other aircraft carriers are, but not my Jeff's!

Remember how everyone is like "oooh, it's hard being a military wife". Well, I married him anyway, but now I finally know what the heck they are talking about! He is in engineering now, but his 4 years is up here in Jan or so. So, he had to put his paperwork in for his next assignment. He's going into recruiting because that way he won't have any deployments, duty, or sea trials (sea trials is when they're gone for 2 months at a time, and deployments is up to a year or more they're gone. Duty is a 24 hour shift they have to work every 4 days, because he's a nuclear guy they have it every 4 days. Everyone else has it every 8 days, no fair!) or any of that stuff. Goal is for me to work part time for a while, so he can come home and watch the kids while I'm gone for 4 hours or less. So, he put his papers in...and we're awaiting the orders.

I swear, if we get shipped off to Alaska, and a polar bear is my neighbor, I just may cry myself to sleep everynight.

Other than that, I don't think 6 weeks will go by fast. I need to pull a sleeping beauty, fall into a deep slumber til he gets home, kissed and hey! Good timing honey!

2 comments:

  1. You're a trooper, hang in there. That's pretty cool that he works on one of those big honk'n air craft carriers. btw, I didn't know you were pregers! Congrats, I bet Leena is excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi,
    Congratulations on getting married and being pregnant! WOW that's a lot of changes!
    It is crazy how we can all get caught up on our lives like this. You have a beautiful family. Good luck with Jeff being gone hopefully you can make it through.
    I'm going up to grandma & grandpa's house on monday.I'll have to tell I saw your blog:)
    Luv ya, Stephy

    ReplyDelete