
We had an ALMOST typical weekend.. I say almost because Jeff and I have a "brand new" 2008 MazdaSpeed3 we bought last Nov. Not even a year old yet. That car is Jeff's baby, until Landon is here.
We decided to stay teh night on sat. at my parents house. Which, is in Redmond, world headquarters of Microsoft for those of you who don't know where that is. Anyway, they live in a really nice neighborhood of overpriced houses and what not. RARELY ever any crimes. I remember over the past 11 years we've been here, the house got egged once (cause a guy I broke up with decided to get revenge in HS), and my brother Cody's window got a rock thrown at full speed into it, which they ended up replacing 2 windows in his car his jr year of HS. Other than that, it's nothing like San Bernardino, where cars were constantly stolen and alot of crime in general. (Our house was robbed by drug dealers when I was 15)
Anyway, so we parked the Mazda out front of my parents house. Hillary had gone to the Evergreen State Fair, and so it was just our silver car outside. It was incredibly hot that day, so my parents had left the bedroom window open that night. Jeff and I go to bed around 10. Wake up at 5, and again at 8am. Jeff goes outside for some reason or another, and notices something...
The front passenger window appeared to him, to have been rolled down. He asked me if I had rolled it down after we got home from a family outing with a friend that was in town fron British Columbia. I said "no...we came in and went to bed, remember?"
he went back out and looked again. This time, just INTO the car.
Someone had smashed out our window!! In probably one of the safest communities in the county! I was so pissed and suprprised! We've had that car all of 9mos. Downfall was, the one night my mom and dad open up their windown, my mom took an Ambien to sleep! So the slight noise she would've spring to her feet and looked out the window, she didn't because she took some sleep aid. And, Hillary was off at the fair, and didn't even know it had happened until we told her.
Here is the shocking and yet "upside" to the story. If I am tired, my purse and everything stays in the car, like it did that night. Whoever broke out the windown, was just doing it to be obnoxious or it was some punk kids who broke into their parents liquor cabinet and were looking for something to do, saw our little car, and bashed it in and called it good. They didn't take my purse, which had the KEYS TO THE CAR in them, my ATM cards, checkbook, you name it. As well as Jeffs big old fancy ipod he had sitting in the center console. We would've been heart sick if it had been stolen. But we were not happy about a window being busted out.
Cleaning it up wasn't as bad as it could've been. We have tinted windows, so when theybusted it, it came off in a piece vs millions of tiny pieces. However, they really did try hard to bust it because the interior of the car has alot of scratches on the inside, and on the paint.
So, Jeff is taking in the poor broken MazdaSpeed3 in tomorrow to get fixed. I'm sure they'll do a good job on all the things that got damaged.
The last part was, we left Redmond around noon on Sunday. The MINUTE we get to downtown Seattle, there is not only a mariners game (which makes for HUGE traffic delays) but I have NO window and it starts to dump rain! So, we took the mystery hoodie that was in the car already, and draped it over the inside of the car so it wouldn't get as soaked.
Only in Seattle!
No comments:
Post a Comment