This past weekend, my little sister Hillary got married. The picture to the left, is the night of her bridal shower.
She got married to a guy named Aaron Albrecht. He's a nice guy :)
I started off the weekend with going up to my folks house on thursday to hang out with Hillary, then back up there again Friday to go out with Hillary her good friend Mikayla, and her soon to be sis-in-law, Adele. We were going to go to a restaurant in downtown Seattle, but with Mariner game traffic, and protests (this state is the biggest hippy state, I hate how people are SO liberal here...get a life, go smell the flowers!)going on because it was May Day....we sat on the last exit before the bridge goes across the lake, turned around, and went to the Kirkland waterfront. The debate was up, where to go for dinner? We ended up at Anthony's. A seafood joint, a somewhat high end one too.
I'm not a seafood fan, but I got stuck because it was Hillarys choice, and so long as it didn't smell like seafood, we were good. Here's one small detail, Hillary wanted all of us to "dress crazy". She did NOT pass that memo onto me, she forgot. Convienet that I drive the furthest, and she forgot. So, I looked all pretty but for the first time in my life, I should've have! Anyway, Hillary and Adele had BLUE eye shadow, and looked like Mimi off of the Drew Carey show. And had hats on and zebra pants. So, as Adele and I were in thecar, she realized she was not dressed for Anthonys, at all. And she lives really close by. We ran to her house, grabbed clothes for her and Hillary both, threw them on, and then we were Anthonys appropriate. Everyone had seafood, I ended up having the one non-seafood thing, red meat. It was good. I don't think I'll ever go back not a seafood person.
Jeff, Landon and I all stayed the night at my parents house. We don't fit on a twin bed. (we were in Hillarys room that she's vacated) That wasn't not fun. Not to mention Landon had a fever a good part of the week, he was miserable. Anyway, Hillarys small ceremony was at 1pm, sharp. We raced to get the kiddies ready let alone ourselves. Chaos started to go on with picture, Hillary in and out of the house, typical stuff for a wedding day. About 30 people were there all pushed into the living rom, which had been fairly well decorated by mom and some others. The bishop married them, Leena was the little flower girl.
I almost felt bad because Aaron was crying before everything started! And not many of us had kleenex! They both were crying, it was sweet.
All in all, a busy but family filled event! I'll post pictures when i can get my hands on them from my parents camera, being mine died, and the ones from Hillary later.
Yes, yes, yes, get the photos. It sounds like it was really sweet!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your sister! That sounds like fun. It's always so fun to see siblings get married. I am totally with you on the NO seafood thing. YUCK! I'm sorry you had a hard time with sleeping and sick kids...no fun at all.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!