I don't know how many people know but let it be know, to everyone, that JEFF, totalled our last car. Not me! I'm going to sound like a bad wife for saying this, but, better him than me! I'd have my butt handed to me since I'm on "probation" (I can't get any moving violations) for the next 2 years. Per a mean judge's orders. ANd actually, Jeff agreed with me, he was happy it had happened to him, and not to me.
Long story short, Jeff and his Colleague, Sepencer (his last name, it's the Navy, we don't know first names, just last)were heading to an auto place. Jeff was following him. Spencer turned left at a yield. Jeff was off in la la land, watching a nice lady pick up trash on the street. Jeff out of the corner of his eye, saw his colleague turn, and he didn't check for traffic when he did. SLAMMED into a Dadoge Ram hauling down a main drag in Tacoma, and hit Jeff. OR, Jeff hit him. Whichever you prefer. The airbags went off,windshield busted, and the front end of it was destroyed. I'd show pictures, but I didn't like that car to begin with, so really, just trust me. and the only real damage Jeff's had, was his right ankle. It's all kinds of purple and nasty looking. The first day, he was in bad pain, he couldn't walk on it. We went to the army hospital, and come to find out, he'd only sprained it. Better than a break! Anyway, he's been going to a chiropractor a few days a week to help it out. (Jeff is big on chiropractors) Anyway, that put us down to one car when that wreck happened. Glory hallelujah though for this part. That day, of the accident, Jeff was going to take the Scion XB we are babysitting for a friend that's on deployment until end of summer. He ran out of time, and forgot to take that car. I'm glad he didn't take it, because that's not our car! (we're supposed to drive it on occaion so that battery doesn't die etc) That would've been horribly bad if he had totalled a car that's only a year old!
We decided, ok, let's get a new car. Should we get me my own car, or just let me drive Jeff's car? Jeff is so picky about the miles on the mazda. It's honestly a guys car because the suspension is rough, and meant for speed (hence the name mazdaspeed3) not for a around the town car really. And, it has 31K on it already, Jeff doesn't like that fact. Either way, we started loooking at new cars, with all the insane specials dealers are having trying to get people to buy, because the economy and the car industry are hurting. We'd eyed a 2009-2010 Ford Fusion. But, when push came to shove, we didn't want to pay 20 or 30K for a new ford vehicle. We just needed something that I could drive, that wasn't Jeffs car, but had all the specs I wanted.
We finally came across a 2002 (I think) VW Passat. In North Seattle. (that's a drive from here) It had low miles, and pretty much every bell and whistle I wanted, minus a navigation system because I lack ANY sense of direction. Nor do I stop to ask. (thank the craigslist killer for that, just kidding) Anyway, after about 2 hours at teh dealership, we were driving off with a second car for me, and new car for the kids. It's really roomy! While we were in the Seattle vicinity, we decided to go swing by my moms across teh water and see how she and Leena are doing. We showed Leena the car and holy smokes! You'd think she'd be able to play in it for hours. She probably could! Either way, we both really like it, and got a navigation system put in it yesterday. That was a chunk of change. But, Jeff was a doll and let me have what I wanted in it. Next thing we'll do in a while is, put the dvd system we have for the kids, in the back of the headrests. WOOHOO! Fun-mobile!
So, now my car is jokingly called "silver lightning" and Jeffs is "silver thunder". They're both silver.
We like it!
Interior
The voice activated phone, bluetooth, all that stuff. Just missing DVD, but I'm ok with that.
The backseat which comfortably sits 3. Considering hte value of it, we got a steal on it, no complaints here!
ANd, as I was typing this out, Jeff came down here with Landon, and Landonw as having a total blast on Jeffs shoulders. I grabbed the XD card out of the laptop, put it in the camera, just in time :)
My new favorite pictue!
My little explorer all rady for a day outside!
Lastly, 5 days til HAWAII!!! I need a break!
No comments:
Post a Comment