About a month ago, 2 of my friends were going to the Hawaiian islands. Different islands, bt they had both told me, go out there when we're there go, go, go! So, Jeff and I looked up airfare, and it was ridiculously cheap. We couldn't go at the same time as my friends, but we decided, the end of May is probably a good idea. So, we booked our airfare, car rental, vacation rental and packed up and went to Hawaii! We went to the North Shore of Oahu, that's our favorite place. Get away from all the touristy stuff of Honolulu and Waikiki. Which, are good one day things, but only one day. It's almost mayhem.
Jeff had still a partially injured ankle from his car accident last month, but so long as he came home each night, and iced it and wrapped it up, he was free to play as he liked, the next day.
We did the one afternoon in Waikiki thing. Jeffs old ship he was on, the Stennis, happened to be in port while we were there. And, there was a leak on the ship, so they were delayed and we saw people we usually wouldn't see during and probably after deployment.
As I;m trying to write this out, I'm oddly drawing a blank after only being home from the vacation, 2-3 days. Either way, we baked in the heat and the sun, got sunburned, but loved it!
We saw this, and it was a homeless persons tropical, oceanfront shelter. You can see their stuff off to the right. I didn't want to climb in it..
I LOVE this one! You can see the blue dancing across the top of the water. This is Shark's cove, across the street.
my new favorite picture of Jeff. He's half floating, half sinking.
We got an underwater camera, and we totally love it!
a fishy
This is at the tip top part of Oahu, it was all unpaved dirt roads, you don't get any higher up than this place! It was pretty cool up there.
Jeff and his friend Crystal. She's on the currently deployed Stennis. She worked with him the nuclear reactor dept.
In the warm water. Cold sand though!
Our old roomie, DanDan....or, just Dan. He's from Maui actually.
The Stennis, not a very good photo, but I'll be back to edit this more when I don't have so much to do!
All in all, the beaches were fabulous, we had a good time, we like the new color of our skin, but most of all, we were soooo happy to come home to excited little kiddies! I got really anxious towards the end of it, I just missed my baby, and girl. I think we'll take the kids next time :)
Oh man. That makes me want to go there sooooo bad. It all looks so beautiful and fun. The perfect get-away!
ReplyDelete