Monday, October 1, 2012

The spirit within

I think today has been craptastic. SO much crap, it's bound to be fantastic, because with that much crap, something of some good value, can be found in it, right?

Right!

Despite my "Sheety" day, I'm going to wipe off my sour expression, and try being positive. No one likes someone who looks like they're constantly sucking on a lemon. Granted, the mental visual in my head did make me giggle a tad!

I'm going to try to do something.

I was in my closet the other day, and years ago. I'd bought a book called "If I knew"...

It states: "If I knew was today was going to be your last, I'd spend every minute with you, recreating the best moments, and savoring what we have". Sweet things like that.

I try to lift and build. It's been drilled into me my entire life. You lift people up, to build them as a whole. You build them as a whole, because you should NEVER tear someone down. The only things that should be torn down, are old buildings and ruins. Not people.

As humans, we need things to make us feel good. Some use drugs, alcohol, their choice of whatever. But my personal preferences are: Hugs, compliments, cards, phone calls, kisses, human contact mainly, a joke, a high five, a smile, and even a small laugh from a child who's just being friendly, can all bring smiles to our faces. Particularly mine. My little Landon will come up to me, climb on my lap, and tell me "iss ok Momma. I wup yoo." and plant a wet kiss on my cheek. He's my little happy meter, always shoots it through the roof.

Rose shaded glasses are off, no more blinders or discoloring of the important and the meaningful.

We all have too much to be happy about, and yet so much of it goes unnoticed, unvalidated, unmentioned, or even worse....unappreciated.

Don't just appreciate the beauty of the earth, appreciate the beauty of the heart, and of your spirit, and what it *CAN* do for you. It can make you happy, feel free, feel loved. As long as that's what you want, and your mind is in a healthy spot. With so many ugly things in this world, it really IS a beautiful thing, to sit at home, and watch your kids play together, and laugh and smile for what seems like too short of time. It's watching sunsets with your favorite people. It's eating a good dinner with your best friend. It's going for a walk on a nice sunny day, and leaving your thoughts with everything you pass. Find the time to make your spirit, happy. And not just in a religious sense. Any day that has your slightly ruffled, find something that can warm your heart and soul, that makes you cry happy tears, or makes you laug or smile. When your spirit is happy, WE have joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment