Monday, September 29, 2008

At home!

Well, after spending a looong time on the phone trying to get in a state leave of absence from work, I was able to get 6 weeks. Which, Jeff will be out of town come my return back to work date. So, I called back in and whined, and got another 2 weeks. And that was the maximum they'd give me, because I hadn't hit my 1 year there for FMLA. The main dilemma was, anytime I was supposed to go back to work, I had NO childcare. I've worked as a daycare lead teacher and know that kids get everything in daycares, more power to the parents who have their 6 weeks old in the infant room.(Trust me, I had a sinus infection from hell for over a month earlier this year) But, I'm not going to do that to either of my kids.

So, last thursday, I went in there, grabbed my pictures I had up on my desk, name tag and all the works. And went and said goodbye to my supervisor and resigned. The plus to my story is, Jeff and I are supposed to move in January as well. So, I wouldn't have been able to really stay there in the first place. Anyway, I felt bad for leaving, but everyone knew about Landon and the complications I've had, so it wasn't too bad.

Good thing is, I'll get to stay home for the first time in about...almost 5-6 years, and come March when Jeff is home from his trainingin FL, I'll do something a couple days a week while Jeff watches Landon.

This is all actually good, I had to leave Leena with a sitter (and she was in the same school I taught at too at one point) when she was little, and she had such a hard time, but there were alot of reasons for that, but I don't have to worry about that with Landon, NICE! I'm actually excited, cause Jeff is supportive about it.

Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. I bet that is so exciting that you finally get to stay home. You are going to love it. It must be nice to not be working anymore, what are you going to do with all your free time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I'm so glad your home, it's definitely the best place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you. I totally know that feeling. Plus, I'm sure it's even more of a relief to get to be at home more being a mom.

    ReplyDelete