I've been meaning to post this, but I've been a space cadet with recent events.
I was on leave of absence from work, and was watching Oprah on Monday or Tuesday. The topic that day, child rape.
She started off with an "instruction guide" made by child molesters, passed onto other child molester, of how to rape little children. Some as young as 9 months old. It was horribly graphic and sickens me to think there are people out there that would do that to innocent, sweet children. I don't think there was a dry eye in that audience. I know I got teary too. It's just horrible, and there are so many people doing it, that get away with it. Some people kidnap children to do those horrific things to them, and becase it's such a commen offense (how horible is that, it's COMMON!) it takes too long to press charges. So these men and perverts that harm innocent children, walk free. Most offenders, are someone that you know. I know that in WA state, there is an online link somewhere that you can check and see if there are registered sex offenders living on your street. That's nice and all, but not enough.
There is a new bill out designed for harsher punishments, and dedicate more funding to track these guys online, and punish them. Alot of stings have been done, but they can't get everyone. if you ever have some sort of porn on your computer, the local law enforcement has access to it, as well as child porn. They will arrest you if you get an excessive amount of child porn on your computer. Anyway, there is a new bill out that needs to be passed, I don't think enough people know about it though.
Here is the link to go send a letter to your local congressman/woman. I know I'm sending mine out after I'm done with this. Child rape shouldn't be a "common" crime.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
So, find your state, and email both of the senators, please!
This is the kind of stuff we can't put up with. It is one of my worse nightmares.
ReplyDeleteIt just makes you so mad to even fathom those things, thanks for the info!
ReplyDelete